Welcome to MathPlus® Program
MathPlus® is a self-paced math learning program for students in the 1st through 12th grades. The program covers both elements of the math skills students need to excel – Basic Computation and Problem Solving.
The MathPlus Program consists of three core components:
1. Daily homework assignments with step-by-step instructions on new concepts
2. Weekly Center visits for comprehension assessment (weekly test) and one-on-one tutoring as necessary
3. Proficiency (Achievement) tests to measure performance and allow students to progress to new subject levels
Our instructors, both Ph.D’s in Chemical Engineering, have been running the Math Program for over 10 years. Their tailored curriculum is unique in its breadth and depth, and each student is closely monitored to ensure that the Program pace suits his or her individual needs. In addition, the MathPlus Center employs talented teaching assistants selected from the top high schools in the area and a few adults.
- Main differences between MathPlus Program and other after school enrichment programs:
1. In addition to daily worksheets students work on at home focusing on computational skills, we offer word problems to help students develop their problem solving and critical thinking abilities.
2. We encourage our students to work at our center at least 1 hour a week. Many of our high school students stay about 2 hours. During the center sessions, students take weekly tests, work on challenging word problems, including national math competition and SAT worksheets.
3. We teach students from worksheets to word problems. We have a high teacher/teaching assistant to student ratio. Normally, there are one TA/teacher per 6 students. We focus on helping students individually to address different needs. Currently, we have 34 TAs scheduled to work 2-3 hours each at the MathPlus Center every week.
4. We don't just give one diagnostic test to a new student. We test each student from easy to hard until he/she cannot do the problems to place the student at the proper level. Therefore, testing time can be long (over an hour) for students in middle or high schools,
- Tuition (no contract, paid monthly)
- Center Calendar - We close one weekend every month.
- Contact Us
- Student Stats
- Summer Camp